READY TO VOLUNTEER? IFM has a variety of opportunities.
- Drivers (with truck or van) to pick up food items from local stores starting at 7:30am for approximately 2 hours. You select dates to work. Training provided and helper assigned if needed. Scheduled two months in advance.
- Distributors sort food and fill grocery carts for clients according to slips provided by Interviewers and directions from Supervisor. Monday, Wednesday, or Friday, 8 am - 1 pm, scheduled one month in advance.
- Client Area Interviewers - interview clients. Training onsite then scheduled as needed for a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday, 9:30am - 1:00pm. Limited number of Client Area Interviewers needed on the second Saturday of each month.
- Client Area Receptionists - greet clients and log visits on computer (computer experience necessary). Training onsite then scheduled as needed for a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday, 9:45am - 1:00pm. Limited number of Client Area Receptionists needed on the second Saturday of each month.
- Packers make up staple bags and/or sort canned goods on Tuesday or Thursday, 7:00 am - 10 am.
- Maintenance Handyman - On call for repairs (electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.)
- Holiday Distribution - Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are special times when we need volunteers to help sort, pack, and distribute food.
- Experienced Event Planners - Take leadership role in organizing an event while working with the fundraising team.